THICK LASHES OF LAURI MÄNTYVAARA
Hannaleena Hauru (b.1983) is a Finnish director, screenwriter and a European film activist. She's graduated from ELO Film School Helsinki in 2011 (MA). Short films by Hannaleena have been making waves in Oberhausen, Berlinale Generations, Cannes Critics' week, Uppsala and Tampere with their precise, poetic atmosphere and strong inner world of the characters. Sometimes Hannaleena goes to her flat in Helsinki to take care of her houseplants. She loves ponies, guys, cargo containers, sauna during summer nights, bellinis, Monkey Island II, and she's usually single.Filmography:
Best friends Satu and Heidi preach that real love is not for sale as they go around sabotaging posh weddings in the Finnish archipelago. But when Heidi falls head over heels in love with the ice hockey rising star Lauri Mantyvaara, Satu is left alone with their plans. Love, friendship and revolution are put to the final test as Satu is forced to decide what she really wants. And whether she dares to go for it.
Right into an hormone storm.
- Runtimes: 95'
- Color(s): Colors
- Ratio: 1,85:1
- Sound: 5.1
- Country(ies) of production: Finland / France
- Original Language(s): Finnish
- Subtitle(s) available: English
- Audience: General Audiences
- Format(s) available: Bluray / DCP / ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Hannaleena Hauru
- Cinematographer: Jan-Nicklas Jansson
- Costume Design: Aino Havu
- Sound: Jussi Honka
- Music: Lauri Wuolio
- Producer: Jussi Rantamäki
- Produced by: Aamu Film Company Ltd. (Finland), 10:15 Productions (France)