Born and raised in Chennai, India, Anand received his Bachelor's degree in Visual Communication from Loyola College (Chennai). After completing his under-graduation, he worked as an assistant director to veteran Indian film maker, Hariharan. He went on to study 'Film' at NYU's Tisch School of the arts Asia in Singapore.
He has worked as Director of Photography on projects shot throughout the world, including the USA, Cambodia, India, China, Taiwan and Singapore. His work on Black Horn Night Heron, directed by Miriam Ditchfield, premiered at the Berlin Film Festival in 2013. He won Best Student Cinematographer (Runner up) at the Palm Springs ShortFest 2012 and the NYU First Run Festival Cinematography Award 2013 for his work on 'Mong' (China), directed by Yanqiu Fei. For his own short film 'Raman', he received the NYU First Run Festival Awards for Achievement in Directing and Editing (2013).
'Disco Obu' is Anand's graduation thesis film, for which he has received a grant from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. He is also working as an assistant director on a virtual reality film produced by YM Movies (Chennai) owned by Academy award winning composer, A. R. Rahman.Filmography:
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2017: Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival | International Competition • Jury's Special Mention
A journalist captures a day in the life of a former child actor turned auto rickshaw driver. Over the course of the day their relationship is tested.
- Runtimes: 20'
- Sound: Stereo
- Country(ies) of production: India / Singapore / United States
- Original Language(s): English / Hindi
- Subtitle(s) available: English
- Audience: General Audiences
- Format(s) available: DCP / ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Anand Kishore
- Cinematographer: Yanqiu Fei
- Music: Aniruddh
- Sound: Tapas Nayak
- Producer: Anand Kishore
- Produced by: Gayathri Cinema Enterprises