Jonatan was born 1988 in Stockholm, Sweden. He studied film production at the Stockholm FilmSchool and cinema studies at the Stockholm University. His examination film "The Ballad ofBeatrice" (2009) was awarded first prize at two Swedish festivals and was shown at festivalsaround the world. After that Jonatan has directed several short films, commercials and musicvideos. He was selected as a participant of Berlinale Talents 2015. Since the fall of 2015, Jonatanis studying film directing at the Stockholm Academy of Dramatic Arts, graduating the summer of2018. The screenplay for his latest project "Intercourse" was the winner of the Short Film Pitchat Uppsala International Short Film Festival 2016.Filmography:2009: The Ballad of Beatrice2013: An Awful Lot of Money2014: Class Trip2015: I Follow You2016: Grownups2016: Make a Wish2017: The Less Fortunate2017: Intercourse
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2017: Uppsala International Short Film Festival | National Competition
- 2018: Stockholm International Film Festival 2017 | 1 km film Competition
- 2018: South by Southwest | Narrative Shorts Competition
- 2018: Aspen Shortsfest | Competition
A couple wakes up in bed together; they start making out and he wants to take things further, but she’s not in the mood.
A passing joke about paying for her to change her mind turns serious and afterwards, they have a hard time coming to terms with how this has changed their relationship.
In the darkly comedic “Intercourse”, director Jonatan Etzler holds up a mirror to the skewed power structures in our society and how they can affect our most intimate relationships and our ability to talk about them.
- Runtimes: 10'
- Color(s): Colors
- Country(ies) of production: Sweden
- Original Language(s): Swedish
- Subtitle(s) available: English
- Format(s) available: ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Jonatan Etzler
- Cinematographer: Milja Rossi
- Editor: Robert Krantz
- Producer: Isabella Rodriguez
- Produced by: French Quarter Film