Raymund Ribay GutierrezBiography:
Raymund Ribay Gutierrez is a Filipino director and screenwriter. His first short film was "IMAGO" (2016). Was selected at Cannes Film Festival in 2016 and won Best Short Cuts in Toronto International Film Festival (2016), Best Short Film Award in Stockholm International Film Festival (2016), Best Short Film in London Short Film Festival (2017), Best Film in Minimalen Short Film Festival (2018).
Raymund was trained by the award winning director Brillante Ma Mendoza. He is also guided by script writing teacher Armando Bing Lao, the founder of the storytelling theory "Found Story" which is applied in Raymund and Brillante's films.
In 2018 his second short film "JUDGEMENT" received critical acclaim and is again a Nominee for Palme d'Or Best Short Film in Cannes (2018).Filmography:2016: Imago2018: Judgement
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2018: Cannes Film Festival | Short Film Competition
- 2018: Toronto International Film Festival | Short Cuts
Joy, a mother of a 4 year-old girl, finally decides to file a case under domestic violence against her abusive husband, Dante.
- Runtimes: 15'
- Color(s): Colors
- Sound: 5.1
- Country(ies) of production: Philippines
- Subtitle(s) available: English / French
- Format(s) available: ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Raymund Ribay Gutierrez
- Cinematographer: Joshua Reyles
- Editor: Diego Marx Dobles
- Sound: Aian Louie Caro
- Music: Diwa De Leon
- Producer: Brillante Ma Mendoza
- Produced by: Wildsound Studios
- Coproduced by: Center Stage Productions