NOCTURNE IN BLACK
Jimmy Keyrouz is a director/writer who recently graduated from Columbia University with Honors. His latest film Nocturne In Black won the Gold Medal in the 43rd Student Academy Awards and is shortlisted for the 2017 Oscars in the Live Action Short category. Nocturne in Black also won Jury Selects at the Columbia University Film Festival as well as the DGA Student Film Award, the National Board of Review Student Grant, the Caucus Foundation production grant, the Marion Carter Green Award and the IFP Audience Award. It premiered at the Lincoln Center in May 2016, and screened at Telluride, LA Shorts Fest and many film festivals around the world. Jimmy completed his undergraduate studies in Filmmaking in 2009, and directed short films and music videos which were broadcasted on TV. In 2012, Jimmy joined the Screenwriting/Directing Master in Fine Arts program at Columbia University, New York, where he enrolled in directing, screenwriting, TV writing and directing actors classes. During his years at Columbia, Jimmy wrote two feature screenplays, a TV Pilot and directed three short films. He also served as teaching assistant where he taught directing and writing classes. Jimmy is currently developing a one-hour TV drama and a feature screenplay. He also works as a freelance director in Los Angeles and New York.Filmography:
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2016: Telluride Film Festival | Official Selection
- 2016: LA Shorts Fest
- 2016: Student Academy Awards | Narrative • Gold Medal Winner
- 2017: Academy Awards | Live-action short shortlist
- 2017: BAFTA Student Film Awards • Best Live Action Film
- 2017: Palm Springs International Shortfest
Inspired by true events.
In a war-ravaged Middle Eastern neighborhood, a young pianist struggles to rebuild his piano after it is destroyed by Jihadists.
- Runtimes: 22'
- Color(s): Colors
- Country(ies) of production: Lebanon / United States
- Audience: Parents Strongly Cautioned (-12)
- Format(s) available: ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Cinematographer: Ziad Chahoud
- Music: Fatrin Krajka
- Editor: Jimmy Keyrouz
- Sound: Jad Taleb
- Producer: Marc Fadel, Ellie Foumbi, Felecia Hunter, Jimmy Keyrouz