ON THE ROAD
Bartosz Nowacki was born in 1985, in Kolo. In 2010, he graduated from the Philology Department of the University of Lodz, where he studied Film Studies and New Media. He received his master's degree for his thesis on the work of Val Lewton and was also awarded with a diploma given by the Organisation of Film and Television Production in Kracow Film School. During his studies he participated in screenplay classes where he made his first attempts at screenplay creation. Bartosz Nawrocki started to work in the film industry as a member of a production department but he quickly moved to directing department as assisstant of Andrzej Wajda (,,Walesa. The Man of Hope") or Michal Rosa (,,Time of Honor"). He has directed 190 commercials broadcasted in Poland and abroad. ,,On the Road" is his first film.Filmography:2017: On the Road
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2017: LA Shorts Fest
- 2017: Boston Film Festival
During a ride a woman picks up a hitchhiker. From the very beginning the man doesn't come across as trustworthy and the woman, anxious and feeling the growing threat, decides to pick up one more person. In the confined space of the car the three strangers begin a tense game.
The characters hide some secrets that, revealed in small steps, will lead to tragic events.
- Runtimes: 23'
- Color(s): Colors
- Sound: 5.1
- Country(ies) of production: Poland
- Original Language(s): Polish
- Subtitle(s) available: English
- Format(s) available: ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Bartosz Nowacki
- Cinematographer: Michał Sterzyński
- Editor: Miron Broda, Bartosz Nowacki
- Music: Marcin Staniszewski
- Sound: Paweł Paczkowski, Grzegorz Prałat, Jacek Hamela
- Produced by: ALISTAN
- Coproduced by: Stern Pictures, Poznan Film Commission