Jorn Threlfall is a director based in London, where he's represented worldwide for commercials by Outsider.
Jorn studied film and theatre in Berlin, and went on to work for The Discovery Channel and Channel 4 / 4Creative in London.
His work has garnered a multitude of honours worldwide, including Cannes Lions, and a Gold and Black Pencil at the D&AD Advertising Awards.
His 30 minute film "Mojado", shot over 6 days in Mexico, played to critical acclaim at many festivals worldwide, including Rhode Island (US), Guanajuato (Mexico) and Raindance (London). It won Best Short Film, International Human Rights, at the Artivist Film Festival in LA in 2014.
Jorn's latest short film "Over" was shot in West London in November 2014. In 2015 it won the Grand Jury Prize at Palm Springs International ShortFest, the Grand Prix at Odense and Uppsala International Film Festivals, the Best of British Award at Encounters in Bristol, Best Experimental Short at Message to Man in St. Petersburg, and Best Short Narrative at the Hamptons International Film Festival. It was invited to screen at the prestigious Telluride Film Festival in September, and has been nominated for the European Film Academy Award 2015.
His video triptych "The Borrowers", shot in Sigmund Freud's study in Hampstead, London, will be exhibited at the Freud House in late 2015. Jorn is currently developing a UK based, feature-length project 'Portal' through his London-based company Lenaray Films.
He has just been selected as one of the BFI/Screen International's "Stars of Tomorrow 2015".Filmography:
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2015: Palm Springs International ShortFest (USA) • Grand Jury Prize
- 2015: Oddense • Grand Prix
- 2015: Uppsala International ShortFilm Festival • Grand Prix
- 2015: Festival Brief Encounters • Best of British Award
- 2015: Telluride Film Festival
- 2015: Message to Man • Best Experimental Short
- 2015: Hamptons International Film Festival • Best Short Narrative
- 2015: European Film Academy | Short Film
- 2016: Sundance Film Festival (USA)
Over presents a crime scene. During the course of 9 wide shots, told in reverse order, we watch an intriguing story unfold. What has happened in this quiet neighbourhood? A murder, a hit-and-run, an accident? The reality is profound, and deeply unexpected.
- Runtimes: 14'
- Color(s): Colors
- Ratio: 1,85:1
- Sound: 5.1
- Country(ies) of production: United Kingdom
- Original Language(s): English
- Audience: Parental Guidance Suggested (-10)
- Format(s) available: Bluray / DCP / ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Jörn Threlfall
- Cinematographer: Richard Mott
- Editor: Amanda James
- Music: Lennert Busch
- Producer: Jörn Threlfall & Jeremy Bannister
- Produced by: LENARAY Films