Andrew Gillingham is a filmmaker and actor living in Vancouver. He graduated from Simon Fraser University in 2014 and his student films screened at the Whistler Film Festival and Montreal World Film Festival. His debut short film Banana (2017) premiered at the Vancouver Queer Film Festival.
His second film Prawn (2018) has played at Raindance FF, Montreal World FF, VIFF, CIFF, and EIFF. He creates honest work that uplifts and moves audiences, exploring themes of altruism, and the nature of love in close relationships.Filmography:2017: Banana2018: Prawn
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2018: Raindance Film Festival
- 2018: Montreal World Film Festival
- 2018: Vancouver International Film Festival
- 2018: Calgary International Film Festival
- 2018: Edmonton International Film Festival
A sensitive waiter is triggered when he sees prawns burning alive for the dinner special.
- Runtimes: 10'
- Country(ies) of production: Canada
- Original Language(s): English
- Audience: General Audiences
- Format(s) available: ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Andrew Gillingham
- Cinematographer: Ian MacDougall
- Editor: Andrew Gillingham
- Sound: Oscar Vargas
- Producer: Andrew Gillingham