Kei Chikaura grew up in Germany and Japan. He studied economics and cinema at Osaka University. In 2006 Chikaura founded "Creatps Inc", a media production based in Tokyo, and in 2012, started a career directing movies. He directed music documentaries and live concert films of some of the most prominent musicians in Japan. His 2nd short film "The Lasting Persimmon" was selected to the international competition at Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival 2016.Filmography:2017: Signature2015: The Lasting Persimmon2013: Empty House
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2017: Locarno International Film Festival (Switzerland) | Official Selection
- 2017: Toronto International Film Festival | Short Cuts
- 2017: Columbia Gorge International Film Festival
- 2017: Bristol Encounters Int. Short Film Festival (UK) | Official Selection
An innocent young man from China is anxiously memorizing “his hope” in the middle of the noisy crowd in Shibuya (Tokyo, Japan). Something that might change his destiny awaits him.
- Runtimes: 13'
- Color(s): Colors
- Country(ies) of production: Japan
- Original Language(s): Chinese / English / Japanese
- Subtitle(s) available: English
- Audience: General Audiences
- Format(s) available: ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Kei Chikaura
- Cinematographer: Miki Ogawa
- Editor: Kei Chikaura
- Sound: Masashi Furuya
- Produced by: Creatps Inc.