The Helping Hand
Brenden Hubbard aka BEAR, is an award-winning filmmaker, writer and producer. He has managed productions and festival runs for various films since 2012, including Fuzzy Logic's short film, Curfew and the subsequent feature, Before I Disappear (IFC Films).He has since been involved with over 50 other short and feature films including the winner of the 2015 Jury Award, Oh Lucy!, Cul-De-Sac (2017 Tribeca Film Festival) and most recently The Vanishing of Sidney Hall (A24). Hubbard studied audio engineering at Temple University and has toured internationally with bands including Stellastarr*, Father John Misty and Dr. Dog. The Helping Hand is Brenden's directorial debut.Filmography:2019: The Helping Hand
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2019: Media Film Festival
- 2019: Calgary Underground Film Festival
- 2019: Crypticon Seattle Film Festival
- 2019: Hill Country Film Festival
- 2019: Soho International Film Festival
- 2019: Hoboken International Film Festival
- 2019: Vaughan International Film Festival
- 2019: West Chester Short Film Festival
- 2019: Adirondack Film Festival
From the Academy Award winning team behind Curfew, The Helping Hand explores the ties between technology and a growing family.
With a new baby at home, young parents adopt a hi-tech monitoring system. Will it be an answer to their woes or have they invited a monster into their home?
- Runtimes: 10'
- Color(s): Colors
- Country(ies) of production: United States
- Original Language(s): English
- Audience: General Audiences
- Format(s) available: ProRes HD