Mateusz Jarmulski is a director and scriptwriter of animated films as well as an animator. He graduated from Polish National Film School in Lodz where he studied animation.
He worked at the Se-ma-for studio, where he was in charge of the VFX for ,,Peter and the Wolf" (Oscar 2008). He collaborated on the production of ,,The Lost Town of Switez" by Kamil Polak. He formed part of the team that created multimedia projections for POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews. His films were broadcasted on TV and screened and awarded at festivals among others in Stuttgart, Seoul, Begrade or Hiroshima.
Currently he teaches animation at the English-speaking New Media Arts faculty the Polish - Japanese Academy of Information Technology. ,,Hug me" - a preschool series he's directed was acclaimed and broadcasted in TV and at festivals. ,,The Hunt" is his latest, author-driven short.Filmography:
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2019: Go Short - International Short Film Festival Nijmegen | International Competition
- 2019: Anifilm - International Festival of Animated Films | International Competition
- 2019: Aspen Shortsfest
During a summer holiday in the countryside, an 11-year-old boy goes exploring with a cassette recorder and a bow. In the course of his innocent adventures, he discovers violence for the first time.
- Runtimes: 8'
- Color(s): Colors
- Country(ies) of production: Poland
- Audience: General Audiences
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Mateusz Jarmulski
- Music: Karolina Rec
- Sound: Michał Fojcik
- Producer: Piotr Szczepanowicz, Grzegorz Wacławek
- Produced by: Animoon sp. z o.o.