Kaveh Tehrani (b. 1978 in Tehran) is a Norwegian-Iranian filmmaker. Tehrani has written and directed the short films 1994 (2010), Victor (2014) and The Manchador (2019), and has won several awards at various international film festivals. For 1994, Tehrani won the National Norwegian Film Award, The Amanda, for Best short film.Filmography:2010: 19942014: Victor2019: The Manchador
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2019: Norwegian Short Film Festival Grimstad • Audience Award
Mina and Saeed live a stressful life in the Iranian capital, Tehran. Being a woman in Iran is not particularly easy and Mina sees a future for the family elsewhere. She wants to move abroad, but Saeed then invents a device that places the responsibility for the hijab where it belongs – with the men whose gaze women need protection from.
The Manchador is a satire about life in modern day Tehran, seeing, our senses, and spirituality.
- Runtimes: 20'
- Color(s): Colors
- Sound: 5.1
- Country(ies) of production: Iran / Norway
- Original Language(s): Persian
- Subtitle(s) available: English
- Audience: General Audiences
- Format(s) available: ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Kaveh Tehrani
- Cinematographer: Adam Wallensten
- Editor: Kristoffer Archetti
- Sound: César Fernández Borrás (set), Adrian Baumeister (mix), Nora Siebe (design)
- Music: Javid Afsari Rad
- Producer: Verona Meier, Ruben Thorkildsen
- Produced by: Ape&Bjørn
- Coproduced by: Zebra Kroop