Mateo Bendesky was born in Buenos Aires in 1989. He studied filmmaking at the Universidad Del Cine (FUC), where he completed his studies in 2011.
"Aca adentro" ("In Here", 2013), his first feature, took part in the International Competition of the 15th Bafici (Buenos Aires International Independent Film Festival), the 54th Thessaloniki International Film Festival, and the 18th Ourense International Film Festival, among others.
Since 2010, he coordinates the special projects area of 'Los inrockuptibles' magazine, argentine branch of the French publication.
Since 2014, he teaches the subject "executive production" at Universidad Del Cine (FUC). His short film "El ser magnetico" ("The Magnetic Nature", 2015) took part in the short film competition of the 17th Bafici and had its international premiere at the Cinefondation of the 68th Cannes Film Festival. It also screened at the Short Cuts competition of the 40th Toronto International Film Festival, the 26th Sao Paulo International Short Film Festival, the 28th Toulouse Latino Film Festival, and the 30th Mar del Plata International Film Festival, among others.
"Nosotros solos" ("Together Alone", 2017) is his second short film.Filmography:
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2017: BAFICI (Argentina) | Official Selection
- 2017: FICSUR • Special Jury Mention
- 2017: Toronto International Film Festival | Short Cuts
- 2017: Hamptons International Film Festival | Narrative Short Films Competition
Facundo is inseparable from his deaf younger sister Débora. When presented with an opportunity to increase her independence, he struggles to come to grips with the changing dynamics of their relationship.
- Runtimes: 16'
- Color(s): Colors
- Country(ies) of production: Argentina
- Original Language(s): Spanish
- Subtitle(s) available: English
- Audience: General Audiences
- Format(s) available: ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Mateo Bendesky
- Producer: Mateo Bendesky, Florencia Clérico
- Cinematographer: Roman Kasseroller
- Editor: Ana Godoy
- Produced by: Sandwich Club