Brusi Olason is an Icelandic director, screenwriter and editor, based in New York.Brusi grew up on a farm just outside of the town of Selfoss in the south of Iceland. The farm has since been his biggest inspiration.Before moving to New York, Brusi worked at the Icelandic National Theatre. In 2017, Brusi founded production company Kvarki filmswith Kari Ulfsson.Brusi graduated from the University of Iceland in 2015. He is currently pursuing his MFA in Directing at Columbia University's Graduate School of the Arts in New York City.Filmography:2017: Sjáumst2018: Viktoría
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2018: Toronto International Film Festival | Short Cuts
- 2018: Nordisk Panorama
- 2018: Helsinki International Film Festival
- 2019: Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival
When her only employee leaves for better opportunities, Viktoría struggles to run the family farm by herself, as the times have changed around her.
The farm, having been in her family for generations, and a place once robust with life, has perhaps become a thing of the past.
- Runtimes: 12'
- Color(s): Colors
- Sound: Stereo
- Country(ies) of production: Iceland
- Original Language(s): Icelandic
- Subtitle(s) available: English
- Audience: General Audiences
- Format(s) available: ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Brúsi Ólason
- Cinematographer: Magga Vala
- Editor: Brúsi Ólason
- Sound: Sindri Þór Kárason, Jóhann Vignir Vilbergsson
- Music: Daði Freyr
- Producer: Kári Úlfsson, Maggie Briggs
- Produced by: Kvarki Films