Suzannah Mirghani is a writer, researcher, and independent filmmaker, highlighting stories from the Arab world. She is a media studies and museum studies graduate, and the author or editor of several academic books and articles. Being of multicultural Sudanese and Russian backgrounds, Suzannah is interested in stories that examine the complexity of identity. She is the writer, director, and producer of AL-SIT (2020), a story about an arranged marriage in a cotton-farming village in Sudan. Her previous short films include CARAVAN (2016) and HIND's DREAM (2014).Filmography:2014: Hind's Dream2016: Caravan2020: Al-Sit
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2020: Clermont Ferrand International short film festival
In a cotton-farming village in Sudan, 15-year-old Nafisa has a crush on Babiker, but her parents have arranged her marriage to Nadir, a young Sudanese businessman living abroad.
Nafisa’s grandmother Al-Sit, the powerful village matriarch, has her own plans for Nafisa’s future. But can Nafisa choose for herself?
- Runtimes: 20'
- Color(s): Colors
- Sound: Stereo
- Country(ies) of production: Sudan / Qatar
- Original Language(s): Arabic
- Subtitle(s) available: English
- Audience: General Audiences
- Format(s) available: ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Suzannah Mirghani
- Cinematographer: Khalid Awad
- Editor: Abdelrahim Kattab, Suzannah Mirghani
- Sound: Falah Hannoun
- Producer: Suzannah Mirghani, Eiman Mirghani