Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2013: American Film Institute Festival (AFI FEST) • Special Jury Award
- 2014: Whashington West Film Festival • Best Director
- 2014: Red Dirt International Film Festival (USA) • Best Director & Best Narrative Short
- 2014: Fiaticorti Festival • Fiaticorti Award for Best Short Film & Cinemabreve Special Mention
- 2013: MOSTRA DE VENISE | Short Films Competition
- 2013: 29th Warsaw Film Festival | Best Short Films
- 2014: Festival Tous Courts (France) | Courts Métrage
Kosovo nowadays. Jeton, a 10-year-old boy is sitting on the edge of a balcony on the 4th floor. Neighbors and passers-by, terrified by this situation, call the police and firefighters for help. But the situation quickly becomes unmanageable.
BALCONY is a long-shot film by Lendita Zeqiraj, awarded Kosovar painter, screenwriter and film director. BALCONY was selected as one of the best among twenty-competitive scenarios and financially supported by Kosova Cinematography Center.
The film is a satiric reflection on today’s Kosovar society and its development, 14 years after the war - under the international observation. A cinematographic observation that exposes the authentic mindset of the Balkan society that quickly deviates into a ridiculous situation.
Sequence begins in the sunset and ends at twilight, as a metaphorical cinematic expression that reinforces immersion of a convincing dialogue and situation into a kind of absurdity, and same time revealing the mentality and reality everyday life in today’s Kosovo society, featuring child labor, unemployment, incompetence and ignorance.
- Runtimes: 20'
- Color(s): Colors
- Ratio: 1,77:1 (16/9)
- Sound: Stereo / 5.1
- Original Language(s): Albanian
- Subtitle(s) available: English / French
- Audience: General Audiences
- Format(s) available: ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew